Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Nandadevi East Himalayas Best Kept Secrets, Divine Uttarakhand

 A recount from my archives about a special trip to Nandadevi East base in 2012 , the last time I could procure the mutant red flowered Jatamansi, used in meditation & Śiva Tatva upāsna

Timeline of Video 00:00 Introduction to Video 00:43 About Nanda Devi Mountain, Goddess Nanda & Sunanda , Their importance in the Culture of Uttarakhand 01:36 Introduction to Ayurvedic herb Jatamansi, Its religious spiritual importance in Yoga & Meditation, Varieties, Red flowered Jatamansi 02:18 Where the Red Flowered Jatamansi is found, How Yogi's identify it , Why I undertook this journey to Nanda Devi East Base camp 03:06 Lost Nuclear Device in Nanda Devi, Why it is a protected reserve , Why is it difficult to obtain permissions to enter in the park 03:39 About the Nanda devi Base Camp trek, Logistics & Planning, Reaching Munsiyari 04:20 Meeting with my Guide . Why I wanted more porters & less mules ? 05:00 Day 1 Start of the trek . Reaching Lilam 06:05 Day 2 Trek from Lilam to Nahardevi 06:34 Day 3 Trek from Nahardevi to Martoli village 07:23 Day 4 Trek from Martoli to Ganghar village. Description enroute of trek route to Milam glacier via Burfu 08:07 A pivotal point in my journey. My guides unwillingness to camp at Nanda Devi east. A bold decision by me to take a risk and camp alone. 09:28 With risky alterations we commence last 6 km trek to Base Camp. Friends suffer Altitude sickness and Summit fever. 10:47 Waking up at Brahma Muhurta and searching for Red Jatamansi as per guidance by Himalayan Yogis, Magical Light on Nanda Devi 11:48 Documentation, Jatamansi Collection 12:26 My reflections of the Risk taken, Regrets and Content. 13:26 Day 5 Reaching Rilkot by evening 13:39 Day 6 Reaching Munsiyari and saving a day 14:04 Insights on why this trek is special to me 14:21 Final Thoughts



No comments: